Well, here's a darling idea if there were one. Best not to consider the implications of making a low-fidelity promise of eternal love, of course. But, really, just darling:
Working with a jeweller and the vinyl record manufacturer Dubstudios, I created this engagement ring for my partner Shelina. The ring has a 20 second recorded message (my proposal) etched onto it's surface and can be played back with a miniature record player.
"Shelina, I'll love you forever! Marry me! Shelina, I'll love you forever. Marry me!"
100 lbf/in² of pressure was required to cut the silver ring, using a vibrating diamond stylus. The ring is also a homage to Thomas Edison who made the first sound recording machine - the phonograph in 1877. Using the ring, I proposed to Shelina in a hot air balloon over Bristol in 2005. We've since got married and had 2 children Maya and Nico.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades